Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Picking Peaches



Yesterday we went peach picking. The season's almost over and Corey is busy all week, so I decided to try taking both kids. It went just fine! I forgot my sling, so I just left Carys in her car seat and put her in the stroller. We were able to drive right up to the orchard, so we didn't have to walk a long distance. Caedmon enjoyed picking up peaches off the ground and I had to keep a close eye on the basket to make sure we didn't pay for rotting peaches! He picked a few off the trees as well. It was my first time picking peaches and it was so much easier than any of the other fruit I've picked this year because they're just so much bigger than strawberries, cherries, and blueberries (blueberries take the longest!). It took about a half hour of slow picking to fill a half bushel basket. Now I'm waiting for them to ripen and then I'm going to freeze them. Hopefully it all works! The other fruits I've picked and frozen have been wonderful in smoothies mostly and blueberries in oatmeal and pancakes are really good too! I've enjoyed filling my freezer!

No comments: