Saturday, November 14, 2009

Auntie Heather's Visit

Heather finally came to see us last week! She had a large chunk of time off from work, so was able to be here Wednesday through Saturday and we had an absolutely wonderful time! The change of pace was so nice for me, not to mention the adult conversation for four days in a row!!!:)

She spent time entertaining my children and just helping out, which I always so appreciate! And she spoiled us rotten!

Thursday, during nap time, we slipped out and went to the Moka, our favorite coffee shop in town. We spent our time there chatting and looking up possible new hairdos. Thursday night we went to Short's Brewing Company in town and ate supper before the spiritual discussion group got started. We topped off the evening with two of our favorite TV shows, Bones and Fringe.

Friday we went to TC to do some shopping. Always a good time when we go shopping together! Corey kept Caedmon and we took Carys. Heather was gracious and patient while I did some shopping for the kids. We got our hair cut and she treated me to lunch at Olive Garden, our favorite restaurant! We finished that night with Hairspray, which I had never seen and absolutely fell in love with!!! I love musicals and loved the theme of that one!

Saturday, we went to story time at the library and I was so thankful for all her help with Caedmon and the art projects! Then we of course had so stop at the Moka again for frappicinos, but since it was just about lunch time, she suggested we stay for lunch and treated us again! When the kids got up from their naps, we went for a walk and I was contemplating what I should make for supper when she decided she'd just buy pizza, 'so I wouldn't be stressed out on our last night together.' Like I said, spoiled us rotten! After our walk, we went to the loon sanctuary, the grocery store and Short's again, for the pizza. After the kids were in bed, we spent the rest of our evening playing Bananagrams and eating brownies!

Thank you soo much Heather for coming to hang out with us and putting up with the craziness of a family with two kids! We love and miss you!!!

Sorry for the lengthy post. This blog tends to be somewhat of a journal/memory keeper for me as well as keeping friends and family updated.

We were trying to get a pic with me and the kids
when I lost my balance, losing Caedmon at the same time...
made for a funny pic I guess!:)

No comments: