Tuesday, December 15, 2009

6 Months and Solids



Carys turned 6 months on Dec. 3rd. She's such a big girl! I don't have any 6 month pictures because we had them taken...perhaps I'll scan them one of these days and post them. She bit her lower lip and ate her feet through the entire photo shoot. She was a lot more work trying to get a smile than Caedmon, but we did get smiles and they were big! Their 6 month photos truly show their personalities! Caedmon's smiles are easy and laid back; Carys' are huge and all energy!:)

On Friday, Dec. 4th, we started solids. She made some faces, but on the whole I think she liked it and has continued to like cereal. I need to start veggies soon! I figured she'd take to solids pretty well since she wants to be a big girl so badly!

Saturday evening I texted Corey with the exciting news that she had crawled. Not on her hands and knees, but more of the army crawl. Still, she was getting where she wanted to go without rolling! He informed me she's done this the night before, but since it wasn't truly crawling, he didn't know it was exciting! Goodness! So at 6 months she has accomplished something Caedmon didn't do till he was 10 months. The differences between children are so interesting! Glad I had the slow one first or I might have worried!

She continues to be somewhat cranky, but on the whole, her mood is improving. I find out yesterday when I took only her shopping with me that she seems calmer when it's just her. We got home and I heard fussing for the first time that day - Caedmon gets in her space and annoys her! Watch out Caedmon, 'cause soon enough she'll be doing the annoying!:)

She wants everything we have - forget all those baby toys! We wonder sometimes why we even have them. The TV remote control is a whole lot more fun!

She's still spitting, but I suppose it's about average - not too bad for her anyway. More than she had been doing in the last month, but not intolerable.

We go to the doctor on the 22nd, but she was weighed and measured on the 8th - 16lbs. and 26 1/4 inches. She was last weighed and measured at the end of Oct. She didn't gain a whole lot and didn't appear to grow at all and she was at about the 50% on the charts and there was some question about her growth, but the nurse seemed confused by it all since she was in the 95% the last time for her height...so I'm just waiting to see what the doctor says. 'Cause she certainly seems to be growing just fine!

She cries to be fed, so I better end this post - I think she's saying 'enough about me already!' :)

No comments: