Saturday, November 6, 2010

Helping His Sister

I love to see Caedmon taking care of his sister! I told them they had to finish the food on their plate if they wanted a treat, but Carys didn't want anything to do with those veggies, so Caedmon decided to help her out. And sure enough, she ate them all with his help!

It always does my heart good to see Caedmon emulating the good things I do. Too often I see myself in his negative behavior. I don't want to be a parent that needs to say "do as I say and not as I do." And when I hear Caedmon raise his voice and I ask him to use a gentle voice, I realize that he's only copying what he hears.:/

So when he decided to help his sister get a treat by feeding her, first of all, it warmed my heart to see him loving his sister in this way and secondly, he was doing what he'd seen me do for him. It was encouraging for me to realize that along with some of the negative things I do, there are positive as well. Parenting is tough!

1 comment:

Keithslady said...

Tougher than tough. I told Uncle Keith just recently, "In the end, you don't get out nearly what you put in."