Monday, January 18, 2010

Christmas Party


We were invited to a no-kid Christmas party this year. After much thought about who to ask to watch our children, we finally asked a 16 year old friend. This was a big step, for me anyway. We rarely leave our kids and this is the first time we've done so with someone so young. We were right up the road and I planned to come home and put them to bed, so I figured two hours wouldn't be too much with two children. Little did I know that my daughter would scream for the full two hours!!! :/ She was about 6 1/2 months at the time and already experiencing separation anxiety! Yikes! She continues to be a mommy's girl!

Sam did a great job, juggling a screaming baby and still making it fun for Caedmon! She probably read half of our book collection!:)

And we had a great time - should get out by ourselves more often!:)

3 comments:

Joey said...

You used to babysit my siblings when I was 8 and you were 12. I think 16 should be old enough! ;)

Keelie said...

Everyone put a LOT of trust in me...as a parent now, I'm hesitant in giving my trust...wow, only 4 years difference huh?!

Joey said...

Yeah, but I don't blame you either. I mean, there's the part of me that says, "Come on, just let go!" But I know that as the parent I'll probably want to be very careful too. Whether or not they're currently under your active watch, you always feel responsible for what happens to them and it takes a LOT of trust to turn over that task to someone else.