Friday, April 9, 2010

10 Months Old

Wow, my baby's growing up!

She hasn't had anymore teeth pop through - the count is still 6.

She's cruising now, along the furniture and pretty much anything. She stands on her own and has really good balance. I think walking may be around the corner, although she's not attempting to take any steps toward us when she's standing by herself.

The other day one of her toys was playing music (the angel, Aunt Christy :) ) and she was dancing to it. Pretty cute!

This morning, I wasn't able to get in the shower before she got up, so she sat in her little high chair in the bathroom, and when she started getting a little fussy, I started singing and she joined in!

She's definitely saying ma or mama and I'm still convinced she knows what she's saying. She's saying her own version of dada - she'll repeat after us, but it's not crystal clear.

She continues to exhibit major separation anxiety. She'll turn her head away when people talk to her. She's such a stinker. But last night I babysat two children, ages 1 1/2 and 3 1/2, and she was actually quite social with them, following them around and not needing me to be in sight! I was rather excited by this!

Sometimes she'll take off to one of the bedrooms and play, or get into things, all by herself. And she and Caedmon play together well when he decides not to push her around. And even then, sometimes she finds this funny. She's a tough cookie, taking it in stride when her brother body slams her to the floor! Just watch out Caedmon - her day is coming!:)

She won't sit still for her pictures anymore.

Carys at 10 months
I LOVE this picture!:)


Caedmon at 10 months

No comments: