Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentine's Gift

I might get pictures posted one of these days when my friend e-mails them to me, but for now, I'll just share the story.

I've been going to the chiropractor for a few weeks now and once in awhile get a chair massage while I'm there, but five minutes is never long enough! The therapist told me about a deal she was running for Valentine's day and I told Corey what a wonderful idea that would be! Now, I wasn't really hinting, just thinking that a massage sounded a lot nicer than flowers or candy or anything else. My shoulders stay pretty tight these days. Now, we don't neccessarily do anything for Valentine's day, so it was mostly an off handed remark...

About a week later or so, he's on the phone making reservations at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa for a night at the resort, breakfast and a spa treatment (massage was among the choices)! Now, we have yet to leave Caedmon overnight and Corey could care less about a spa treatment, so he made the reservations for a night when my dear friend planned to be up here anyway!

Needless to say, we were extremely excited and had the best time!!! We spent the afternoon shopping, ate a delicious meal at Olive Garden and spent the evening exploring the resort, swimming, and enjoying the plush beds in our luxurious hotel room overlooking the bay and the city lights at night. Words don't do justice to the massage we experienced the next morning! It was heavenly! And we've both decided this will have to be an annual trip!

I am so thankful that Corey is such a sweetheart and decided I needed some time away. It was the longest I've been away from Caedmon, and mother and son faired just fine! Good to know, since we'll be apart when his brother or sister is born.

Thank you love for the wonderful gift! And thank you my friend for sharing it with me!:)

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

What a great idea! I'm glad you got away.