Monday, January 7, 2008

Tangible Love

I have a friend who often pays for me when we go out. She's a nurse and she's very generous with her money. A couple weeks ago, we went to the movies and again she paid. I truly appreciate her generosity, but sometimes it's hard to be in my shoes. Why is it hard? Because I used to be in her shoes! I used to be the person with money to spare. I used to be the person who paid for others and wouldn't let a lack of money get in the way of a friend going out with me.
I went from single and making good money, to married and making good money, to making good money but now we own a house and have to pay utilities as well, to I'm jobless, to I'm jobless and have a baby, to my husband and I are both unemployed with a baby.
BUT, even now, we are still fine.
I think I worried more before, when I considered what could happen, than I worry now; now that I'm smack dab in the middle of what I'd feared!
We have been at the receiving end of friends' and family's generosity! And it's extremely humbling, but truly, truly appreciated!
Thank you to all who have been so kind to share with us! I love to see the ways in which God takes care of us! His ways are mysterious and amazing!

Here's an excerpt from Corey's blog that I ditto:

A major factor in such fearlessness is the generosity’s of God’s people. For years now I have been blessed with the beautiful charity of people who act with love. Recently, we have received so much love from different people coming along side of us, supporting us, encouraging us, and even helping us pay our bills.

God has used his hands and his feet to touch us and bless us. He has given us faith, and peace.

No comments: