Monday, January 7, 2008

The New Year

So I'm a little behind, but I want to reflect a little and look forward.

2007
It began with finding out I was pregnant. This news came with a myriad of emotions! Caedmon came into my life and he was definitely my bright spot in 2007 - he has captured my heart!:)
It was a tough year as I experienced loss in most of the important areas of my life - family, job, church. And some of these losses continue to affect me.

But 2007 came to an end and 2008 began with my wonderful husband and son! What a blessing!

As we begin 2008 and I look ahead, I hope.

I'm not one to make resolutions. Just one more thing to feel guilty about if I don't accomplish them, and who ever does?! I'd rather do something from my heart at whatever point I feel convicted to do it.

But I hope. I hope for change, for new beginnings.

HOPE is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul...

Emily Dickenson

2 comments:

Joey said...

I had to read a little bit of Dickinson in a class and always thought she was really despondent. I think this is the first optimistic quote I've seen from her.

Aren't new years fun? :)

Anonymous said...

I love your heart Keelie, I read back through your posts and just thought to myself how blessed I am to be getting to know you and Corey. Luv you guys (everyone together now AWWWW) I meant every word