Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Winter

Winter has been somewhat of a love/hate relationship for me this year. I LOVE winter, always have! The snow is beautiful and we've had more this year than we've had since the 70's, so I've heard. We've had a good, "old-fashioned" winter this year and I'm loving it. Except for this one little problem. Well, maybe it's not such a little problem. I am so sick of driving on bad roads! As soon as I started my job, 30 - 45 min. away, winter hit full force!

Twice now, we've come home from up north in storms that had us on the road for over 5 hours rather than the normal 2 1/2. Last Sunday we'd already been on the road too long when we reached I96 with 30 miles left to get home and found it closed due to a 50 car pile up. Very thankful God answered our prayer for safety, but we had to go south to go north.

We had ANOTHER snow day on Monday.

The ice on the roads didn't completely clear up till the sun finally came out for the first time in days today!

You can't beat the beauty, and just because I have to drive in it doesn't make me wish it away, but if it could just snow in between the times I have to drive, it'd be wonderful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very like a woman...

Unknown said...

hah yeah people keep telling me that they're done praying for snow for me and my job but I have definitely been grateful for the snowy winter