Sunday, December 30, 2007

Job!!!

Friday, Ottawa Area ISD called me and asked if I would still be interested in the job! I interviewed for an interpreting/parapro job right before Thanksgiving, and they got back to me letting me know they'd filled the position full time. So, I've continued to job hunt within school systems. I interviewed in Muskegon for a classroom assistant one-on-one position and didn't get that either. But, the full time person didn't work out for Ottawa, so they're offering me part time and I'll be job sharing with another person! I'm sooo excited! 1) it's in my field, 2) the pay is good, 3) it'll get me out of the house a little, 4) we'll finally have some income we can count on!
The job is working with special needs adults, 18 - 26, working in the community and teaching life skills. I'm really excited!
I'm sure, at some point it'll hit me that I have to leave Caedmon and go back into the work force - I really have enjoyed being at home with him full time! But, my unemployment runs out in February, and Corey hasn't found anything yet, though I've never known a better job hunter!
I start some time after the first of the year - don't know the exact date yet; and I don't know what my schedule will be. I pretty much just said "YES!" and forgot to ask questions.:) Human resources is supposed to get back to me.
God never makes a whole lot of sense right away. I'm not sure why he couldn't have given me the job back when I interviewed for it - it wasn't supposed to start till the first of the year anyway. I suppose he's teaching me patience and trust - wonder if I've learned the lesson...?
In the end, I got exactly what I had hoped for (other than just not working at all) - I had three months at home with Mr. Caedmon. And it's been a wonderful three months! And like Corey said, now when I'm done working for the day, my time with Caedmon will be even more precious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so happy for you! Life skills teacher-- I have some great ideas if you are interested and if my experiences would be helpful -- Depends the level of function of the adults you will be working with--sounds like fun. Let me know if you if need help in the adjustment:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, ex-unemployed person.

I just had a vision of Corey as a stay-at-home dad.

Anonymous said...

Did you get a start date for the new job?