Thursday, August 2, 2007

Favorite Pastime

This is an indigo bunting. What a gorgeous bird!

So Corey and I love to watch the birds! We have four different feeders, 2 in the front yard and 2 in the back. Corey even created a little "oasis" around my feeders in back.

We laugh about feeling old - we have two rocking chairs in our living room that at times we rock in side by side, and we enjoy watching the birds! This sounds like a scene you'd see at your grandparents house! But hey, some need the big city life with a plethora of activities to choose from - I just need my bird feeders kept full.

When I consider where I see God most, nature - His creation usually comes to mind. Such intricacy in the birds, such grandeur in the mountains and oceans!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, who needs activity. I'd rather become an alcoholic and sit around piss drunk all day.

Brian said...

i want to put out bird feeders also, but we found out our neighbor has rats and we don't want to bring them over, so brian says i have to wait.

Keelie said...

Yeah, the squirrels and the chimpmunks and an occassional mouse enjoy the seed as well, but I've never seen a rat and hope not to!