Friday, October 30, 2009

My First Pageant

My 16 year old friend, Sam, asked me about a month ago if I would help her with her talent for the Miss Bellaire Scholarship Pageant. I was happy to oblige! Her theme was "A Salute to My Soldiers" and so she picked out a tear-jerker of a song and I figured out an interpretation for it and taught her the signs. She was awesome! She didn't know any signs before we started. She learned the signs, learned to put them together...in a song...and make them flow beautifully! Oh, and one of the most important things...facial expression. She did it all! She was awesome! I was so proud! And the crowd cried!:)

I couldn't get a good video of her that night, so I'm going to have her sign the song for me again and I'll put up the video.

signing
(oh, and her talent was definitely the best!:))

She wasn't crowned Miss Bellaire,
although she should have been, but she WAS first runner up!


Dad had to get a piece of the action

a mother/daughter moment

I had fun helping out and playing a part, but I'm praying my daughter does not want to do such things one day!!! I think I was just as nervous as Sam was!:/

No comments: