Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It Came and Went

My due date that is...uneventful!:( You know, I've always assumed first babies are late. And that's what I had in my head. But there were a couple babies around me born early and they were firsts. Then there's my midwife - I think I'm silently cursing her. She kept throwing hope out there -"I don't think you'll make it to your due date." ,"3cm, 80% effaced - looking good! This weekend would be good!" AGGHH!!

I was doing o.k. until last night. Last night I felt real emotional and completely hopeless. What good are all the contractions I've been having - they don't materialize into the real thing! I feel right now like this baby is never going to come out. And last night when he/she decided to wake up at 11:30p.m. and stay up until after 1a.m., I wasn't too happy with him either. I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin!

Have a doctor's appt. today. I'm sure she'll want to check things out and see how it's going down there. At this point, I'm not sure if I want to know or not! I'm convinced this baby ain't coming out till October!:( And no matter how many new moms tell me to enjoy this time while I have it...I just can't seem to do so. Waiting is difficult!

No comments: