Monday, September 3, 2007

School Starts Tomorrow

School starts tomorrow. Typically, I'd be dreading going back, dreading my alarm clock going off at 6a.m. It's always been hard for me to go back. I love my 3 months of summer! Corey says I'm one of those people who's too busy to have a job.:) I never run out of things to do around the house.

At the same time, I truly do love my job! I get to work with kids, and I especially enjoy the elementary age group! I love interpreting. I love feeling like I'm making a difference.

But tomorrow, I will not be getting up at 6a.m. I will not be going back to school. For the first time since I graduated 6 1/2 years ago, I do not have a job. And instead of feeling the dread of going back, I'm feeling left out and saddened!

True, I'm pregnant and could have this baby just about anytime now. But it wasn't my choice to not be working right now, and that's what's really tough!

I might shed a tear or two. I definitely won't be able to step foot in the school building tomorrow just to say "hi" and let everyone see the 9 month pregnant lady.

Maybe I'll get over these feelings and frustrations. I don't know. I do know my body needs this time to rest up before my life changes forever! So, I guess I should accept the situation as it is and enjoy this time of rest and relaxation. And I'm sure once baby is born, I won't be missing the school scene too much.:)

No comments: